Friday, June 09, 2006
A great designer!

I am smitten! After reading on a board that Jeannette Douglas was an easy person to communicate with, I took my courage and emailed her. I had a question about the embellishment package I received for the Fleur de Lys sampler. Within a very few hours she replied and I am simply smittened. She sounds like such a great designer, very generous with her time and knowledge. Now, more than ever I can NOT wait to start the sampler, all fears I had about learning new stitches have vanished. I feel more confident that I can do it. She gave me the assurance that I was lacking. I can learn something new and frankly this isn't rocket science right? I even bought linen to stitch on for this project. I am so scared though. LOL! Just whip stitching the edges has been nerve wracking enough, the linen seems so much lighter than the Jobelan I am stitching on.

Download Issue 4 of The Gift of Stitching Magazine completely free!

Freebie alert, you can download a free issue of the Gift of Stitching. I was eager to see what was hiding in this online publication. It's a great way to see what you'd pay for if you did buy it. It's a freebie, what's not to love? ;) I love freebies, I am in fact building quite a collection of charts, I can't wait to start but for now I am trying to keep focus on just a few projects at a time. I know how many knitting wip's are lying all around the house. I'd like to prevent that from happening with stitching projects too. ;)

I thought I'd share a little something I just stumbled upon online. I know many like to stitch while watching a movie but how about stitching while listenning to a classic book? I just started chapter one of A Little Princess last night. I was brought up in a french province so I never got to read many classics that are in english, guess I am catching up now. ;) The catalog is called LibriVox and they have a few books at the moment, I'm loving the children's literature.

Special thank you to Barbara for doing a contest on her blog, in a big surprise, I won guessing her current wip being Dumbo. I think being around the kids helped me out on this. LOL! ;)

p/s: Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to comment in the past weeks. I am a bit overwhelmed at home and didn't have the time to respond to each stitcher but please know that it touches me a lot that you read and comment on my little blog. :)


2 Comments:

Blogger Isabelle said...

Hello Joy, thank you for the LibriVox link! Wow, this will change my life. I LOVE English audiobooks but they are so expensive here in France. Such a great way for me to "read" more books while sitching AND to get to hear more English as well, which is always good for my pronunciation.

My, are those really FREE? What an awesome website. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Blogger Heather said...

Hi Joy, I have never stitched a JD design before and my first one is Northern Lights. I was lacking the charm for it, searching everywhere I could think of and then emailed JD and she just sent me the charm. I can't wait to get started on it, but I have a couple of things started that I want to stitch up first - I don't want anymore WIP's in the box.

Post a Comment

<< Home