Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Happy and sad,
Yay, we are back with working internet and you have all been pretty busy. My Bloglines list showed almost 300 posts unread. Luckily I've had more than time to catch up with everyone, I didn't leave comments or I'd still be reading blogs. LOL!

I am so proud to show off the fairy!!! :) Her hat is finally done, which means I can start a new color. I've had enough of the pale purple, now onto dark purple for the boots! LOL! I think I have a almost 50% of the piece done, not really sure though, the clouds will take forever to be done. Can't say I am eager to start them... The colors in the picture are off, the top shows the closest what the true colors are, the bottom, I'm not sure what happened there. I find it pretty difficult to take picture of my cross stitching.

I need to get this out, it's about Little Monkey's soccer game last night. We have all seen parents over react over sports right? Well it's sad to see when it involves a game of soccer played by 5 year olds. This dad was screaming his head off to the opposite team that my son played against. At one time Big Fox just belched at his: "Hey, just let the kids play!". The guy turned beet red and walked right up to Big Fox. I tried to calm him down but once he stood up it was confrontation time. I tried to get my word in but that father was just sooo mad. Finally another dad (from our team) came closer and just told the evil father that this is a game for the 5 year old kids to have fun. The "rules" can be bent a bit when all they want is a chance to kick the ball. We don't mind that much that they sometimes keep on playing even if the ball is crossing over the side lines. Hey, the kids are so into it running and having fun, who really cares?

At each game, us proud parents of the Pumpkins never know exactly who won, why? We don't care! We high five our kids when they make a goal, and we praise them for a good game. That's all! We are the most relaxed parents of the 4 teams. Next week though, let me say that I will be avoiding the Grasshopers team, I prefer no more confrontations until the end of the season. Our team still has 4 games against them and I'll be sitting farther away and biting my tongue at each game. This dad, we hear him scream at every single game, we hear him even when your kids aren't playing his team. It's sad and he sure lost the focus on this being a game for the kids to enjoy themselves. Luckily, the ball kept on rolling so the kids never really noticed the confrontation but I'd prefer it never happened nonetheless. Once we got home, it took me an hour for my heart to stop racing like crazy. Even know a day later, I still feel stressed over what happened and even worst, over what could've happened if another dad hadn't come and calmed down the evil dad. I mean, what's the use in punching another kid's father in the face? This isn't boxing...

Back to stitching, my heart is starting the race again...


9 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

You fairy is looking wonderful!

It's too bad that some parents just don't get it when it comes to their kids' sports--it's just a game. Luckily, we haven't encountered any of that with my daughter's sports...yet.

I don't know if it's just my computer, but the layout of your blog is off for me. Your right column appears below your main column. This happened to my blog too. I was able to fix it by going to blogger dashboard, selecting formatting, and choosing "no" for enable float alignment.

Blogger Karin said...

The fairy is looking really good.

Everyday I'm shocked by things that people think are "OK" to do while raising children. I don't have kids, but I know that raising kids has got to be one of the hardest jobs out there, and one you just can't quit or slack off on.

Blogger bunnyhead said...

Beautiful progress!

Blogger Barbara said...

Your fairy is so cute! And don't stress any more about the Evil Dad - let it go, and raise your kids the right way. That's your way to make the world a better place.

Aw, poor tyke to be stuck with a dad like that. Why not let these kids enjoy sports, there are enough pressures out there for them as it is.

Your pixie is adorable.

Margaret

Blogger Karen said...

That's a very cute fairie.

No need for parents to be so aggressive. It's a fun game for the wee ones!

Blogger Stitchingnow said...

It's so sad that some parent's feel they have to be that way. Kids just wanna have fun and they can ruin that for them. Think he ever thinks that thought ? I like you WIP. don't feel bad my photagraphic skills are not the best either. But I think blogger has some affect on that.

Blogger Barbara said...

Hey there, Joy. Are you ever coming back? We miss your posts!!!

Blogger Barbara said...

Joy, it's been a really long time. Are you & the kids okay? Just wondering and worrying...

Post a Comment

<< Home